What is the Aboriginal Business Service Network?
The Aboriginal Business Service Network is comprised of organizations who offer services to Aboriginal entrepreneurs.
- Business information and resource materials
- Assistance with business plan preparation
- Business advisory services
- Training in the form of workshops and seminars
- Financing for businesses
Business Development Resources
Business Plan Competition
- Each year, the Aboriginal Business Service Network sponsors an Aboriginal Business Plan Competition, evoking the spirit of entrepreneurship. Winners in each of the rural and urban (City of Winnipeg) categories receive $5,000 towards starting their business!
- Dragon's Quest Entries must be received by 4:30 pm on Friday, March 11, 2016 to be eligible for the contest.
- Download contest details (PDF)
- Download an entry form (PDF)
ABSN Business Plan Competition Winners
Each year, the Aboriginal Business Service Network (ABSN) sponsors a business planning competition that hopes to promote and encourage the spirit of entrepreneurship amongst Aboriginal entrepreneurs across Manitoba. Each year two winners are selected in a Rural and an Urban (City of Winnipeg) category. Winners receive $5,000 towards starting their business. Below is a list of previous winners.
Call for Proposals 2016/2017
Aboriginal Business Service Network (ABSN) Capacity Building Projects
Capacity building projects are designed to allow organizations serving Aboriginal entrepreneurs to access up to $5,000 to implement projects that will encourage, support and/or assist Aboriginal entrepreneurs in communities served by the organization.
Applications will be accepted from individual organizations, but preference will be given to applications demonstrating partnerships among service providers/partners.
Deadline for submissions is April 15, 2016.
Download the application (Word Document)
Download the application (PDF Document)