Settlement Services

Government of Canada We offer free assistance to new Immigrants and Refugees in the Communities of Dauphin, Roblin, Rossburn & surrounding areas who are permanent residents.Parkland Regional Settlement Services is federally funded by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

After arriving, you may find you have many questions but aren’t sure where to find the information you need.

Our Settlement workers can provide you with help to meet settlement needs such as:

  • employment
  • foreign credentials recognition
  • improving your qualifications and skills
  • registering your children in schools
  • child care
  • obtaining official documents and government services
  • registering for free language training to help you improve your English language skills
  • housing
  • health care
  • translation and interpretation services
  • locating legal services
  • money management, including budgets and finding financial supports
  • transportation, including getting a driver’s license
  • information about life in Manitoba and Canada
  • making connections with cultural, religious and community events and organizations
  • immigration-related questions
  • referrals to immigrant services for health, family, youth, women and other issues

To meet with a Settlement Coordinator in your area please make an appointment by phone or email:
Doris Schmitt Laroche (204-647-0755)

Deborah Slonowsky ( 204-647-0693)

Services in other languages are available upon request by appointment only:
Dauphin: English, French, German, Spanish, Ukrainian, Dutch, Tagalog, Guarani
Roblin: English, French, German, Spanish, Ukrainian, Flemish, Dutch, Croatian, Tagalog